Wednesday, July 08, 2015

ALYN's COOKING: Cheap Ulam – First try ng CHOPSUEY

I want to cook Pork Bistek supposedly but when I went to the market meat section were closed already because it was 12:30pm - lunch time, So I just roam around the market and decided to buy shredded vegetables that were already packed on a plastic composed of cabbage, carrots, sayote and few string beans worth Php15.00. ($0.33).  I am alone so I decided this will be enough for me for the whole day ulam.
I don’t know how to cook, I only knew how to fry, boil and sauté but real ulam I don't have any idea. But I have an application on my phone Pinoy Food Recipe so I used the procedure given but not the ingredients.

Chopsuey Ala Alyn

Ingredients:
1 supot shredded vegetables  (cabbage, carrots, sayote, string beans)
1 chicken wing (just took it from my tita’s ref. Im not fond of eating meat on my veg) 
3 cloves garlic 
1 onion
2 tbsp cornstarch dissolve on 1 cup water
1 sachet of oyster sauce (I bought at suking tindahan)
1 Cup of water
Salt to taste
1 Chicken Knorr Cube

Procedure:
1.      Saute garlic and onion.
2.      Add chicken and sauté for 2 minutes.
3.      Pour the water, add knorr cubes and salt and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
4.      Add oyster sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
5.      Put the shredded vegetables then simmer for 7 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6.      Pour cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil up to desired consistency.
7.      Serve hot.


Serving Size: 3

I apologize for the picture. I used my phone camera. But Hmmm yummy.. Happy eating. Not bad for a first timer. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment