Friday, July 31, 2015

ALYN's COOKING: Pochero

When I was buying pork an old lady beside me bought pork for her pochero. Got curious what is the taste of pochero. So I decided to cook one. I asked my husband of how to cook it.

Ingredients:

1 strip of liempo (Bought at Monterey. forgot to look how many lbs)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp patis
1/2 tbsp pamintang buo
1 small pouch tomato sauce
4 saging na saba, sliced into 2
1 meduim sized potato, cubed
1/2 small cabbage, quartered
10 strings of green beans, cut into 3
1 bunch pechay
1 1/2 cup water
4 tbsp ccoking oil
1 small can of pork and beans

Procedure:

1. Boil pork for 20 minuutes or until tender.
2. Fry pork until light brown. Then set aside,
3. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes.
4. Add pork then stir for 1 minute.
4. Put in 2 tbsp patis, 1/2 tbsp pamintang buo and 1 small pouch tomato sauce. Stir and leave for 1 minute.
5. Add 1 1/12 cup water (You can use your caldo. But on this one I didnt use mine because I will use it when I cook pancit).  and let it boil. 
6. Put-in saging na saba and plantain. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add cabbage and green beans. Cook for 7 minutes.
8. Place fire in very low heat and stir-in pechay cover the pot and let it for 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
9. Put small can of Pork and Beans. 
9.  Transfer to serving plate and enjoy eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment