Wednesday, July 08, 2015

ALYN’s BAKING: Oatmeal Cookies

My mother went home surprisingly and she was asking if I will make an Oatmeal cookie.
So I double check if I still have remaining ingredients from the Ham and Cheese Empanada I made last week. Luckily I still have remaining ingredients.
This is not the first time I bake something. When I was still at Lagos Nigeria I baked Banana Muffin and my ever favorite Pudding. But here in the Philippines this is the first time I will bake something.

Ingredients:
1 ½ Quaker Oats, uncooked
¾ cup DD sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
¾ cups all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter
½ cup raisins

Procedure:
1.      Heat oven.
2.      Combine flour and salt, mix well then set aside.
3.      Mix sugar and butter until creamy.
4.      On separate bowl, beat egg and vanilla well.
5.      Combine creamy sugar-butter and egg-vanilla mixture. Then add flour-salt mixture.
6.      Add uncooked oats and raisins.
7.      Drop by tablespoonfuls on the baking sheet. I flattened it that’s why it’s shapeless. I like it that way. =)

8.      Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9.      Cool on cookie sheet.


I created a big unshaped cookies and it taste good. But next time I will decrease my
sugar to lessen the sweetness.

Happy eating..

Cookies: 15 pieces 

No comments:

Post a Comment